Monday, September 12, 2011

"I'm A African"

Don't even think about correcting my grammar, I said it right the first time.

I went to see a show titled The Rap Guide to Evolution by Baba Brinkman. Through the lyrics of "I'm a African" by rap group Dead Prez, Baba reminds us that we are all brothers and sisters.

Here is the original song by Dead Prez:
Baba Brinkman's version of I'm A African:

Some of the topics discussed throughout the show range from teenage pregnancy, homosexuality, the inequalities in wealth fortune as well as evolution.

This show is funny, insightful and thought provoking. I was extremely impressed by Baba's way of teaching through rap, who knew that you could learn so much through this genre of music. I wish  Professors would use this method of teaching through the art of rap music, I bet the # of successful people would increase in volumes.

If you are in the New York City area go check out the show you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment